Magic in CRM industry 'SALESFORCE'
“The first rule of any technology used in a business is that automation applied to an efficient operation will magnify the efficiency. The second is that, the automation applied to an inefficient operation will magnify inefficiency.” – Bill Gates
I have finally created my own channel on Youtube and happy to announce that this is going to be my first live hangout across the globe. I plan to create more excitement for live session, join the hangout and I will share you little Surprise after that.
So, with lots of suggestion I decide to go on 11th of Feb.,2017 Saturday, 8:00 PM(IST)
Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/c/souravpoddar/live
Now, today we are going to discuss on biggest sought after innovation in CRM market:
First, there is nothing personal or promotional activity on CRM industry, every individual CRM has different unique features. It is just my personal choice.
So, before getting deeper into Salesforce I would help you to quickly understand topics under CRM. In next blog I will cover it into little deeper.
So the first question is: “What is CRM?” then “Why CRM?” and last “Types of CRM”.
Now, understating CRM is very easy if you belong to corporate industry or if you belong to sales/finance department. Rest assure, I will help my all readers from very basic. If I am not wrong then according to latest report, 95% to total industry using different CRM for smooth and wonderful business.
So, question is what is CRM?
“Successful CRM is about competing in the relationship dimension. Not as an alternative to having a competitive product or reasonable price, but as a differentiator. If your competitors are doing the same thing as you are (as they generally are), product and price won’t give you a long-term, sustainable competitive advantage. But if you can get an edge based on how customers feel about your company, it’s a much stickier– sustainable–relationship over the long haul.” – Bob Thompson, CustomerThink Corporation
CRM acronyms (Customer relationship Management) is an approach to managing a company's interactions with current and future customers. It often involves using technology to organize, automate, and synchronize sales, marketing, customer service, and technical support.
There can be multiple definitions of CRM from different perspectives:
· From the viewpoint of the Management, CRM can be defined as an organized approach of developing, managing, and maintaining a profitable relationship with customers.
· By equating the term with technology, the IT organizations define CRM as a software that assists marketing, merchandising, selling, and smooth service operations of a business.
· As per Franics Buttle, World’s first professor of CRM, it is the core business strategy that integrates internal processes and functions, and external networks, to create and deliver value to a target customer at profit. It is grounded on high quality customer data and information technology. The primary goal of CRM is to increase customer loyalty and in turn improve business profitability
Now, I hope you got little idea about CRM, question is Why CRM ?
As If I am not wrong then it sounds you that It is kind of tool where you can create high value of work and more profit for your organization, interesting. Isn’t it?
Take a look on Ingredients of CRM:
· Analytics – Analytics is the process of studying, handling, and representing data in various graphical formats such as charts, tables, trends, etc., in order to observe market trends.
· Business Reporting – Business Reporting includes accurate reports of sales, customer care, and marketing.
· Customer Service – Customer Service involves collecting and sending the following customer-related information to the concerned department: o Personal information such as name, address, age, etc. o Previous purchase patterns. o Requirements and preferences. o Complaints and suggestions.
With these helpful ingredients, In the past twenty years, the focus of global markets has shifted from sellers to customers. Today, customers are more powerful than sellers, if we consider the driving factors of market. We have different types of CRM according to the changes in customer portfolios, speed of business operations, requirement of handling large data, and the need of sharing information, resources, and efforts jointly.
Types of CRM:
CRM systems are divided based on their prominent characteristics. There are four basic types of CRM systems:
· Strategic CRM
· Operational CRM
· Analytical CRM
· Collaborative CRM
Customer-centric, based on acquiring and maintaining profitable customers.
Based on customer-oriented processes such as selling, marketing, and customer service.
Based on the intelligent mining of the customer data and using it tactically for future strategies.
Based on application of technology across organization boundaries with a view to optimize the organization and customers.
if you still have any further query for CRM, I will share important links end of this topic. Now let’s begin with Salesforce.
Welcome to the Cloud!
These new ways of building and running applications are enabled by the world of cloud computing, where you access applications, or apps, over the Internet as utilities, rather than as pieces of software running on your desktop or in the server room. This model is already quite common for consumer apps like email and photo sharing, and for certain business applications, like customer relationship management (CRM). Because almost all apps these days are delivered via a Web browser, it's increasingly hard to tell which applications are “traditional software,” and which are run in the cloud. As with the Internet, applications that run in the cloud have grown so ubiquitous that almost every business user interacts with at least one, whether it's an email service, a Web conferencing application, or a sales system.
Key features of Salesforce:
- Transparent CRM: This is one of the greatest feature of Salesforce that It has transparency in work within security parameters. Salesforce has entire huge customers and data on cloud in which It allow user to control with all person within organization and able to work. If you find any query, raise a ticket to salesforce support, they will quickly get back to you.
- . Data Integrity : The data.com and force.com has great grip and it controls over millions of data in byte format i.e.. data structure. If data lost in salesforce then do not panic, quickly find it under salesforce recycle bin.The data present there for 15 days apart from that log a case from salesforce.
- . Ideal Releases: Salesforce releases new products and features three times per year, and releases are identified by season—Winter, Spring, and Summer—along with the calendar year. Example: Winter ’16.
- . Fantastic Editions: This is one of important part if you wish to choose Salesforce to take over your business. Salesforce offers several bundles of its products and services, each geared toward a different set of business needs. These bundles, called editions, share a look and feel but vary by feature, functionality, and pricing. For example, Enterprise Territory Management is available in Enterprise and Unlimited Edition orgs with the Sales Cloud, but not in Professional Edition orgs. Some customers start with a basic edition and upgrade as they grow their businesses. The Salesforce Help describes all generally available features, including those that aren’t available in all editions. To find out whether a feature is available in your edition, search for the feature in the Salesforce Help, and then read the “Available in:” table at the top of any topic about the feature
- Smart UI: Easy to create Campaign and generate leads according to your business requirement. You do not need to be in your office location to access your company data for business, it can be access globally.
- . No software: Right. No software required for any personal setup of salesforce. All in cloud, just type www.salesforce.com and register your company and enjoy.
- App Exchange: Smart, productive and great feature in salesforce with third party application for business growth. Campaign, lead, mail, account and many other feature applications in salesforce allow customer to integrate and help in business growth.
please go through the link for brief look up on salesforce:
Advantages of Salesforce:
Collecting and organizing actionable customer data is a full-time job, and one that isn’t very forgiving of mistakes. As such, investing in a high-quality Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool is a must for any business that wants to take customer satisfaction to the next level. CRM offers a number of advantages that will help you identify, understand, and assist your clients, so that you’ll never have to worry about losing revenue as a result of incomplete data. Here are six benefits of CRM software that can help your company find success.
. Improved Informational Organization
The more you know about your customers, the better you’ll be able to provide them with the kind of positive experience that really pays off. Everything that they do, and every interaction that they have with your organization needs to be identified, documented, and recorded. To do this, you need to move beyond the sticky-notes and disorganized filing cabinets, and start utilizing advanced organizational technology that can not only accurately quantify and categorize data for easy future reference, but also make that data available across departments. Thanks to CRM this all becomes a possibility, it allows you to store a vast list of customers and any important information regarding them. Access to their file is even more convenient than before due to the cloud, so no matter who it is that is helping the customer in question, they’ll have the same actionable data instantly available. This will result in less wasted time for clients and employees.
CRM for Enhanced Communication
As mentioned above, CRM makes it possible for any employee to provide the same high level of service, by having access to the same customer data. After all, even if your customers have a single, main point of contact, there’s a good chance that at some point that contact may not be available, and the client will be forced to have to work with someone new. When that happens, many customers face the unhappy prospect of having to ‘start fresh’ with someone who doesn’t understand their own unique preferences and issues. CRM does away with this concern, by making detailed customer information communicable to whomever might need it. As such, it won’t matter who it is that is currently assisting the client, because they’ll be working from the same information. And given that CRM is cloud-based and accessible from any device with an internet connection, the communication benefits of mobile CRM are not limited to the office.
CRM Improves Your Customer Service
Your time is valuable, but so is your customers’ time. And, should your customers experience a problem that needs resolution, they’re going to be unhappy unless that problem can be taken care of quickly. With CRM, as soon as a customer contacts your company, your representatives will be able to retrieve all available activity concerning past purchases, preferences, and anything else that might assist them in finding a solution. In many cases, your more experienced representatives, armed with past information and history, will be able to locate a solution within the first few minutes, thanks to an accessible database of potential issues. And, should a solution not be readily apparent, then bringing in other representatives, or even crowdsourcing for answers through customer portals, is a simple matter. With CRM, customer support becomes a walk in the park.
Automation of Everyday Tasks
Completing a sale is never as easy as just getting a customer to agree to commit. Along with the surface details of any sale, there are hundreds of smaller tasks that must be completed in order for everything to function properly. Forms need to be filled out, reports need to be sent, legal issues need to be addressed—these ancillary chores are a time consuming, yet vital aspect of the sales process. The best CRM systems are designed to take the burden of many of these tasks from off the shoulders of your employees, thanks to the magic of automation. This means that your representatives will be able to focus more of their efforts towards closing leads and resolving customer pain points, while the automated CRM system takes care of the details.
Greater efficiency for multiple teams
Automatically stored communication allows you to view emails, calendar and phone call details in one easily accessible place. Add that to the ability for multiple teams to access the same information, it simply sky rockets the amount of achievable progress. Sales, marketing, and customer service teams can share valuable information about clients to continue to funnel them down the pipeline to get the desired result of closing a sale, knowledge of new products, or excellent customer service. Every department can now tag team to get the right information to the right individual. With this new found ease, teams can seamlessly work together to improve the bottom line.
Improved Analytical Data and Reporting
Miscalculated data should not be the reason you cannot succeed, with CRM this is no longer a possibility. CRM systems store information in one place which leads to improved analyzing of the data as a whole. Easily integrated with different tools or plugins, you have the ability to generate automatic reports to maximize your time. Personalize your dashboard views to quickly locate information needed such as customer information, sales goals, and performance reports to reach untapped opportunities. With better reporting data you can make resourceful and effective decisions to reap the rewards in customer loyalty and long run profitability.
Source for writing this blog:
3. Tutorial point
5. SaaS platform basic
or mail me at